I’m not always the most positive person, but I try to be positive with my thoughts and actions that go out into the world. So when I finally took the initiative to start this blog a couple weeks ago, I made a conscious effort to fill it with positivity and send that positivity to those I connect with.
While I haven’t had many entries yet (three in total —but since my first one was my introduction I’m not sure I count that), it turns out I’ve actually made some kind of impression. Yesterday I found out that Bookidote (an awesome book review blog!) nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! So without further adieu, I’m just going to get down to it.
“The whole idea of the Sunshine Award is that you nominate eleven bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative, and inspiring.”
– Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
- What book do you wish you can just go back and never read it?
Probably “Looking for Alaska.” It just didn’t live up to the hype for me and I was really disappointed after reading it.
- Are you where you wanted to be at this stage in your life?
I’m not sure I really knew where I wanted to be at this point in my life. Though I guess I thought I’d be happier with the career part of my life and would be settled into the career I want.
- If you can choose to live in fictional place, where would that be?
I’ve always thought Rivendell (from LOTR) sounded/looked gorgeous so probably there!
- Worst nickname that someone has given you?
Jugs. It’s not even that terrible, and I wasn’t called it that long, I just didn’t care for it very much.
- Any guilty pleasures?
I still watch “That’s So Raven” whenever it’s on Disney channel. I think Raven Symone is hilarious.
- Any secret talents?
My boyfriend tells me I have a nice singing voice, but I’m not sure I agree entirely.
- What kind of music are you listening to?
Right now I am OBSESSED with MisterWives.
- Favorite book of all time?
This is such a hard question! Multiple books/series come to mind, but the one I always think of first is the Gemma Doyle trilogy (unofficial title — the books are “A Great and Terrible Beauty,” “Rebel Angels,” and “The Sweet Far Thing.” by Libba Bray.
- Favorite quote?
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
- Morning person or night owl?
I don’t necessarily like getting up early, but I’d rather get up early than sleep in so I’m going to say morning person.
- Tell me about one of your hobbies.
My hobbies can be found in my intro post right here (it’s easier linking to that than rewriting them all).
Now for my questions…
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
- If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What’s the one food you would eat every day if you could?
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re alone?
- If you had to dance like no one was watching in front of a crowd right now, what song would you dance to?
- What’s your least favorite time of year?
- What part of your body is your favorite?
- Would you rather sleep for an entire week or stay awake for an entire week?
- What country would you go to right now if someone offered you a free ticket to wherever you wanted to go?
- Who is your favorite person?
And the nominees are…
Only three nominations? Yes. Because I don’t follow many blogs and these three are the ones I thought of. Hope they both decide to take part and pass this little bit of positivity along. 🙂